The goal of the First Year Experience program is to provide programming that will enable students to make informed and healthy decisions about issues they will encounter in their first year at Harvard. All programs are designed with students' needs in mind and are accomplished with the help of offices across the University. Broadly speaking, programs focus on four areas of student life: academic support, residential life, safety and wellness, and planning for the future.
Examples of past programs include:
- Study Skills & Preparing for Midterm Exams
- Résumé Writing 101 Workshop
- Weissman International Internship Program Panel
- Entering the World of Research
- Self Defense Workshop
- Making Choices About Your Future
- Love, Sex, Harvard
- Blocking Panel & Conversation with Upperclassmen
- Making the Most of Office Hours
- Gap-Year Gathering
- How Important is Your GPA?
- Home for the Holidays
- Thinking about Summer
- Freshmen Only Fitness Classes
If you have an idea for a program that would benefit the first-year class, we would love to hear from you, so please write to the Director of the First Year Experience.