Your Idea + Our Money = Awesome Events
First-Year FUNds can be used to support a social event, cultural activity, or local excursion planned for first-year students, in which the FDO covers the full or partial cost of the event. Although First-Year FUNd events tend to be smaller-scale events (under 50 people), freshmen are encouraged to open the event to the entire class as a way to meet other first-year students.
How the process works
1) Who is eligible for a First-Year FUNd?
- First-year students
2) Think of an event you would like to plan and host that others might also enjoy.
- Where you will the event take place?
- When is the ideal time?
- Who is likely to come?
Events organized through the First-Year FUNd program usually cost between $75 and $100 and are held in one of the many common spaces in the freshman dorms. However, other options, such as an off-campus outing or event, are possible, so be creative!
3) Complete the First-Year FUNd proposal form to notify the FDO of your proposal and request for funds. The FDO will set up a meeting with you to discuss the proposal and potential budget.
If you have not heard from the FDO within one week, contact Seren Ozkan.
4) Host the event!
5) Follow up with the FDO to finalize reimbursements and share feedback about the success of the event.
Questions can be sent to the Freshman Dean's Office.