The Into the Hub social programming board is comprised of first-year students who plan and execute two off-campus social events per month. The program is designed to enhance the first-year experience by enabling students to become better acquainted with greater Boston and Cambridge, while interacting closely with their peers. This goal is achieved by offering a variety of Friday or Saturday night outings throughout the course of the academic year that are free, inclusive, and fun! Students are invited to suggest outing ideas to the Into the Hub coordinator.
Trips for the 2016-17 academic year include:
- Pumpkin picking and corn maze visit
- Laser tag and pizza
- Boston Red Sox game at Fenway Park
- Halloween visit to Salem for haunted houses and a walking tour
- Movie premier of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Boston Symphony Orchestra concert at Symphony Hall
- Ice skating and hot chocolate in Kendall Square
- Panic! At the Disco concert at the DCU Center
- Jumping and pizza at Launch Trampoline Park
- Boston Celtics game at TD Bank Garden
Signing up for Trips
Trip details are communicated through e-mails to the Class Events list, to which all first-year students are automatically subscribed. The signup process is typically handled online, with spots reserved on a first-come, first served basis. Students who commit to a trip are expected to attend; no shows will jeopardize their ability to sign up for future events.
Financial Aid and Accessibility
Outings include free roundtrip transportation, food, and admission. All first-year students are welcome to participate!
Into the Hub Programming Board
The Into the Hub Programming Board is comprised of students who are inerested in organizing these off-campus social events. Applications are released upon students' arrival to campus in August. Additional questions about the selection process can be directed to the Into the Hub coordinator.